Soundblock Magnetic Acrylic Windows - Double Glazing System
- We double glaze your windows by retrofitting an internal acrylic window placed and held on a PVC sub frame by a continuous magnetic strip set into a PVC channel.
- The double glazing acrylic window is sealed in place, creating an air space with the existing window, thereby producing an insulating barrier.
- Optical clear acrylic is used which will not yellow or craze.
The Soundblock® Magnetic Window System has been tested by a NATA registered laboratory. They have measured the magnitude of improvement that Soundblock® can provide when used in conjunction with a conventional open-able sliding window. Similar improvements in performance may be anticipated when Soundblock® is used with other types of windows.
Why use Acrylic Windows?
There are many energy saving solutions on the market today that can assist in reducing energy bills but when it comes to windows, nothing compares to a retrofitted secondary magnetic acrylic window. Acrylic windows are energy efficient and an effective window construction material for the following reasons.
- Acrylic lets more light into your building than glass (92% versus 90%)
- Acrylic has greater insulation properties than glass because it has a greater heat loss factor. Touch a glass window on a hot or cold day and then touch an acrylic window. You will feel the difference.
- Acrylic is the preferred product that aircraft companies use to manufacture their windows so why not take advantage of their technology in window design.
Hear How Double Glazing Makes A BIG Difference!
Benefits of Double Glazed Windows
Installing one of Soundblock’s retrofitted double glazed window systems can greatly reduce the noise within your home or office and also reduce heat transfer from windows will assist you in regulating and maintaining the inside temperature of your building. By doing so you reduce your dependency on the need for curtains and blinds as they’re only required to shut out sunlight and street lights shining into your building.
More Double Glazing Information
Read more about our products and the specific benefits of our double glazing windows here:
- Double Glazing Installation Information
- Double Glazing Features and Benefits
- Thermal Insulation Benefits
- Acoustic Aluminium Double Glazed Windows
- Information about Sound and Noise
For a quotation for double glazed windows contact us via our Free Online Quote form.
One of our our consultants will be in touch and can arrange a site visit (if required) to assist you with your double glazing solution.